Saturday, January 19, 2013

If you give a girl a pancake...


I have decided that I hate January.  It's cold, dark, the holidays are over and work stress is back with a vengeance, and did I mention it's cold?  Freezing? And it just feels like there is no end in sight.

Because of this, I have been trying to put as many fun activities in place as possible...  Jessie visited my school and slept over, I was invited to go into the city last weekend, I am buying my very own curling iron this weekend... (I may be reaching with that one... A cruise was not in the budget.)  Come on, fun stuff!  Take that, January!

One of these fabulous, fun events included a "Pancake Party." (inspired by Jimbo, of Rach and Jim, my fave couple).  PS- if you haven't seen this, you need to-- once again, thank you, Jimbo!  (See why I love them?)



While they couldn't make it (missed you guys!), I was still able to pull together a low-key wintry brunch with a few of my good friends, delicious food, laughter, conversation, oh, and mimosas.  Most importantly, mimosas.  (Shout-outs to MK (and her pastries!), Dana (and her fruit I am still eating), and Stephanie (and the strangely addicting chocolate covered rice cakes!) )

Before food

After food 


Somebody tell me why I wasn't the first one to think of these!
 There is something magical to me about when my friends from different places interact.  When I sit around the table with friends from college and work (more on my work family in another post), I feel filled up.  I am already so lucky to have friends who treat me so well, but when they connect with each other, that is a blessing to me and I could watch it all day.  And on the outside, I was my charming hostess-y self (at least I hope!), but on the inside, I was practically singing, celebrating that I am blessed by amazing women in my life.  The friendships that exist between women are a wonder to behold.

In college, Lexie was always ready to take over if I was feeling overwhelmed...  Today, I saw that not much has changed-- before I knew it, she was on pancake duty! :)

January blues are gone, and I have deemed that the world needs more brunches.  And because the first grade teacher in me cannot help herself... If you give a girl a pancake, she's gonna need some girlfriends to go with it.

Counting my blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment