Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Surprise



This weekend, I had the privilege of attending one of the coolest parties.   

I knew that one of my good friends from college was having a surprise party for her boyfriend’s 25th birthday.  (PS- Rach and Jim, are without question the cutest and most genuine couple of all time, and I kinda wanna be them one day.  Unless that sounds creepy.  Hopefully you know what I mean.)

What I did not know was that Rachel would truly go ALL out, creating the ultimate “craft beer tasting” experience, complete with a variety of beers (I learned “golden” does not refer to the color of the bottle), tiny white lights on the ceiling (for the beirgarten look), pretzel necklaces (to cleanse the palette), and glasses customized for the occasion.  Anyone who walked into Jim’s parents’ house was BLOWN away by the detail and planning that went into it.

With the super special birthday guest of honor :)


I looked on, in awe, secretly (not-so-secretly?) admiring the amount of love in the room, and thinking that what the world really needs are more surprise parties.  (Although it did seem to take a lot of planning, and waiting for the guest of honor to arrive and be surprised was stressful enough, so no rush on that!)

Love these gorgeous girls


AND I had a fun time tasting beer!  Who would have thought?!  

Aspiring beer connoisseurs?  Not quite!

… But I am not quitting my day job.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment