Monday, November 5, 2012

Hurricane Salad

During the hurricane, my friend and I made this amazing salad, that will become a winter staple for sure!  The salad recipe is hers, and the dressing I came up with, based on what we had in the house!  Enjoy! :)



Salad:
-Greens of your choice
-Pear
-Pomegranate seeds (so much effort to prepare, but SO worth it!)
- Strawberries
-Almond slivers
-Rotisserie chicken
(You can also add feta-- b/c what isn't betta with feta?-- had to! ;) )

"Use what you have" Dressing:
Play around with amounts--
-Olive oil
-Lemon juice and/or lime juice
-Salt
-Pepper
(If you have any kind of vinegar, that would probably enhance this, but at the time we didn't!)

On a different note, recently got power back at my apartment.  PLEASE let me know if you need ANYTHING!  Praying for the many still affected by Hurricane Sandy...

      

1 comment:

  1. That salad looks delish! Wish I had some right now!!

    ReplyDelete