Thursday, November 8, 2012

ribbit!



My friends and I like to say that there are no bad dates—there are only good dates or good stories.  While that may be true, I have come across QUITE the batch of good stories on my quest for love, via online dating, this summer.  At the risk of being vulnerable, these are way too good to keep to myself, so here you go!

He may not be for you IF:
·         -He corrects your Spanish (or really, in any language!)
·         -He has never heard of iced coffee (or maybe that’s just me ;) )
·         -He walks on tippy-toes the majority of the time and sings to   himself during regular conversation with you (we're not talking the occasional ditty-- if the moment you start to open your mouth, he busts out the showtunes, adios!)
·         -He tells you within a half hour of meeting you that you’re going to be seeing A LOT of his family
·         -He antagonizes the taxi driver/ waiter/ etc.
·         -He thinks Europe is a country.
·         -He asks, “Are those earrings real diamonds?”

There is more, but, in hopes of protecting some dignity, I will save those for another time.  There is a cover for every pot, as they say, and bless their hearts-- I know these guys will find love, just not with me!  And to top of the clichés, you have to kiss a few frogs… however it goes.  As one of my favorite rappers has said, “Onto the next!” (And if you know someone who can refrain from correcting, knows Spain is in Europe, and will smile at the waiter, send him my way! ;) )

No comments:

Post a Comment