Friday, November 23, 2012

Give Thanks



This year, Thanksgiving was a little bit different.  Due to a few unusual circumstances, we found out it would just be the four of us at home this year.

While I was, of course, sad to be missing the family members I usually spend this day with, I knew I would be sharing it with my three favorite people in the world, so it would be nothing short of amazing.  (If this makes you want to roll your eyes, or worse, I am so sorry, but I’m calling it as I see it, and this is how I see it!)

And amazing it was…

We baked.

Totally forgot to post an after pic-- sorry Jess!



I wanna marry this gooey cake.  Seriously.  It did not make it to our table in one piece, but at least I instagramed it first!  Couldn't resist ;)

This is before adding most of the food... simple...  Just how we like it! :)


We decorated.



 
We ate.

I wanna make out with this pie... sooooo good!
We shared stories, smiled, and laughed.  A lot.


Haha neither one is ready!  Classic!

We prayed for those who weren’t with us, and we thanked God for everything we have.  

And, as this day usually causes me to do, I reflected.  I am grateful that I did not get the husband, the house, and the job in Monmouth County for-the-rest-of-my-life-till-I-retire, right away (although one day I really do want all of these things).  I’m grateful that I get to live on my own, meet some awesome people, teach some of the most beautiful babies on the planet (I MIGHT be biased), and speak Spanish every day.

Most of all, I’m grateful for what I have—right here.


 Happy (belated) Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment