Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween



This was going to be a post about the damage left by Superstorm Sandy (not to mention the frustration we felt as our last batch of cake pops was being made and the lights went out!) …

Thanks to my good friend for taking this, and for snapping me out of it when I insisted I not be in it for lack of make-up, reminding me that "This is not a cheesy photo... we are in a state of emergency!"
..This storm left us all feeling powerless, grateful for what we have, sorry for those who lost… and maybe a little stir-crazy.  I am super grateful for my family and friends who are okay, and for my particularly fabulous friend who let me stay with her for 3 days during the insanity and darkness.  (While a dark room with candles seems super romantic, by yourself it is just CREEPY.)

Anyway, although time may have lost some meaning, HALLOWEEN did pass this week, so I just wanted to leave you with some costume cuteness from humans…




(Couldn’t find a hat to save my life, but you should have seen my boots!)

And my favorite dog.




I am not a dog person, but she looks like a million bucks no matter what she wears. :)

I'm sorry, but is there anyone who can resist THIS?? 

Praying that your loved ones are safe, and that you are warm in spirit.  (Hopefully also in body, as we start to regain power!) xoxo

1 comment:

  1. That dog is just too cute! But if the power didn't finally come back on a few hours ago-we were about to put her on the bbq! Just kidding! (I don't think she'd taste that good!) lol

    ReplyDelete